Thursday 31 March 2016

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Mark Twain's famous words also apply to short stories.
 
These hardy little creatures battle on, in spite of the doomsayers who prophesy their extinction. They remind me of the daffodils in my garden, determinedly growing again after being checked by snow and ice.
 
Short stories may not sell in vast numbers but a good short story often stays longer in my mind than many a novel. The EDF short story prize is one of the most lucrative in the literary world and less prestigious competitions still attract hundreds, even thousands of entries. 
 
So, to celebrate the short story and the very welcome arrival of spring, I've made my varied collection free for the weekend. Do take a look and if you decide to download, I'm confident you'll find something to amuse you. To download a copy to your Kindle, follow the link viewBook.at/danc_ing or click on the cover image in the right-hand bar.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment